Week 7: Press Releases and Works in progress

 This week I wrote two published stories and worked on three stories, that have yet to be finished. 

The two that were published were time-sensitive, and so finished within an hour or two of the assignment. The first one was on the Carney press release. something I do every week. This week I wrote about how the state announced CARES funding for healthcare business, primarily focused in the southern two counties. 

That can be found here: https://delawarelive.com/2020/10/20/state-to-give-100-million-to-healthcare-companies-much-of-it-downstate/

The second article I wrote was on UD's announcement on how they plan to bring back students to the campus during the fall semester.

This article cannot be linked, because it was posted on town square Delaware, which seems to be under construction at the moment. 

The three articles that I worked on this week should be done sometime next week or the week thereafter. The first one that I'm working on is a profile of the Dr. who won this year's Tilton Award. on Thursday I interviews him, and this Monday I have an interview with another Dr. who will shed some light on him from a third perspective. 

The second one I was working on isn't due until around veterans' day, because it's a story about the veteran's court. This week I worked on it by interview a Mentor and sending questions to a Judge. 

The third one I was working on was about the huge grant that was just given to DSU by the DoD, It could have been done the day that I started it, but certain people that handle PR at the school have been less than helpful. 

The lesson of the week seems to be patience. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12: Dead Trees

Week 6: Comedians in COVID getting coffee