Week 9: Elections and Their Conclusions

 I spent the entirety of my time this week working with the camera's that I learned to use in last week's blog post.

On Tuesday, I set out to find what was at the heart of the American voter, and what I found was surprising to some degree. I spent the entire day driving around Kent and Sussex County Delaware interviewing voters and candidates. I interviewed about 20 different people and asked them all similar questions about what, who, and how, they were voting. I also asked people about what issue was most important to them and how they felt about mail-in ballots. 

The answers from people largely depended on their political identity. Republican voters were more worried about unity while democrats, none too enthusiastic about their candidates, just wanted someone to do something about the pandemic. The turnout was great, so that was good to see. 

These clips can be found on Delaware live's Facebook. 

On Thursday, I went to Georgetown to live stream the 'Bury the Hatchet' event, where political parties came together and buried their disdain for each other, at least symbolically.. 

Tha can be found on the Facebook page as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12: Dead Trees

Week 6: Comedians in COVID getting coffee

Week 7: Press Releases and Works in progress