Week 4: 4 Articles fo Week 4

 This week I wrote four articles, two of them I enjoyed and two of them I was relatively indifferent to.  

I was able to do my first feature this week with a teacher from the Wilmington area who won the Lt. Governor's challenge. He was very kind, and the work that he does is an objectively good thing. He helps students handle their traumas and teaches them the ways of mindfulness, something I found out I'm a proponent of. I think doing features is something that I really like, I always like talking to new people with this job, or at least learning new things about people that I'm talking to. 

https://delawarelive.com/2020/10/05/teachers-mindfulness-lessons-help-cut-suspensions-disruptions/

Another article I did was a story about DSU and its success in having students back on campus in the midst of the pandemic. I talked to the comms guy at the school a lot as well as students and teachers. It was interesting to get the perspective of other students from another school on this whole thing, I found that many of us feel the same. Unfortunately, as I was writing the tragic shooting that took the life of a DSU student happened, and I was forced to adapt the story, which I think was an important learning experience for me. Talking to the comms guy at DSU was cool too, albeit sometimes hard to deal with. He showed me around the campus and told me a lot of stories from his past when we finished the tour, as he was a writer for the Delaware state news some 20 years ago. 

https://delawarelive.com/2020/10/06/dsus-strict-covid-rules-keeps-case-numbers-down/

The other two articles I wrote largely involved me watching press releases and writing about them afterward. The first one was on Governor Carney's COVID press release in which I talked about how they pushed the importance of getting a flu shot this year. The other was a result of watching the UD Town Hall meeting where I wrote about Assanis's plans on opening the school up more for the spring semester. 

https://delawarelive.com/2020/10/01/ud-will-try-to-fill-dorms-50-percent-in-spring-have-more-in-person-classes/

https://delawarelive.com/2020/09/29/state-pushes-flu-shots-in-bid-to-keep-people-out-of-hospitals/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12: Dead Trees

Week 6: Comedians in COVID getting coffee

Week 7: Press Releases and Works in progress