Week 1: Nascar and Newark

 This week I wrote two articles for delawarelive.com. The first one was about the city of Newark, and how they have had a spike in COVID-19 cases since UD students returned. The second was a much lighter story, about a blood drive on the Dover International speedway. 

For the first article, I got to talkt to public relations representatives from the university of Delaware and members of the Newark government. I tried to get in contact with the Mayor, who I have spoken with for qoutes before, but he wasn't available for comment. I also watched the weekly Newark city council meeting stream, there was nothing of value in the stream regarding my article.  This article can be found here: https://delawarelive.com/2020/09/10/ud-reports-50-plus-cases-of-covid-19-among-students-most-from-early-testing/

The second article I wrote actually resulted in me leaving my room. I went to the Dover international speedway to check out a blood drive hosted by The Delmarva Blood Bank. I interview people who got their blood taken and took pictures of the scene, I talked to some of the staff and organizers as well. one cool part that brought people in to give blood was the fact that donors got to take a lap in their cars around the race track afterward, I got a lot of pictures of that as well. As of now, the article has not been published but I will try and remember to update this post once it publishes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12: Dead Trees

Week 6: Comedians in COVID getting coffee

Week 8: Three articles and a whole lot of training.